Sunday, September 6, 2015

About Me

Hi,

Thanks for reading Golden Tea Colorado and for stopping by. I'm a tea buyer and tea fanatic. I buy tea for Trident Booksellers and Cafe, located in Boulder, Colorado. This is my own personal blog about tea, and is not tied to the Trident. 

The purpose behind this blog is to share my journey as a tea buyer and taster with the larger world of tea drinkers. I've been in the coffee and tea business for 20 years, and over that time I have tasted many, many teas. Likewise, as a buyer, I have to balance and select teas not only based on my personal preference, but also on what we need at the cafe. 

So, this blog will have lots on tea tasting, but also on how to buy tea for a busy and established cafe. How to budget and balance having a comprehensive tea selection that one can offer to customers at a reasonable price. Likewise, how I go about educating our customers about tea, how I host tea tastings, and so forth. 

I'll be honest, I'm not an expert. The world of tea is so vast, nuanced, and complex that to be a true expert requires many, many years of hands on experience. I don't have that - yet. What I do have is over 20 years of experience in the coffee and tea business. A passion about tea and a thirst for knowledge around tea. And, of course, a desire to drink tea - lots and lots of it.

Feel free to shoot me an email, or better yet, leave a comment. I hope that this blog, if anyone ever reads it, will prove to be fun to follow as well as educational. If you ever want to stop by the Trident and talk, I'm always open for a chat and tea session. 

Cheers,

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment